Monday, October 12, 2015

10/12/2015 | Taking a step back.

Hey everyone,

Recurring events have led me to come to the conclusion that I've let you down, and I've let myself down as well. Here's why:

So as you may or may not know I had plans to release a new original short film in July, which ended up hitting snags (Due to outside forces and my own faults) and I had to indefinitely postpone a project into which I had already invested so much time and effort and resources. I just didn't have what was necessary to complete it.

Well it's happening again. After so much set building and writing and puppet making, so much time, because of ONE THING I can't finish it in time. You could say that I have plenty of time to figure it out because I haven't said when it was going to be released, but no, because I have to stay on schedule with other projects after this one.

Let me inform you about my work area:


That space in the front is technically what I have for animating. A 4x4 foot square area, and on the other 4x4 foot side is where I shoot Cranbersher's Guide, with the top-down camera for filming any handy things.  I also only have one camera for everything, besides my webcam, which means I can only film one thing at a time and have to constantly move it for different necessities. I am okay with this, I'm lucky to have a camera and a table in the first place.

However, these big projects take over the entire table, and I have to keep my camera in one spot for long periods of time for animating, which means no Guide for a long, long time. This makes me feel like I'm letting down people who enjoy that series, and I really want to give it to you.

So I can't linger on stuff even if there is no set deadline if that makes sense (Sorry I'm just typing up a storm here so bear with me haha.)


There is also a pressure, whether it's just in my head because of recent Youtube "fame" (God not at all but I'm not sure how else to put it.) Or because I know people really want another animation. I feel like I need to go bigger than before each time, and... I just can't do that. I don't have the resources or the money yet. I need to find a balance.

So I'm taking a step back. I'm going to keep things small. Projects that I've postponed might resurface later. They might not. I do not know. But for now it'll just be small, quaint projects that I can manage and that don't linger on and cause stress. I do hope you enjoy them, but if not, I guess I understand.

Thanks for reading,

-Oliver

6 comments:

  1. Don't overwork yourself because you think you'll fail everyone. I've been there, and It's never fun. I believe in you and whatever you need to do, do it. As long as you're happy with your work, we're happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Cranbersher don't beat your self up over this. I put things off all the time, and its human and certainly not uncommon. But i know i can wait till the end of time for you to post a video, the work you do is difficult (and i know i wouldn't be able to do it). Litery what you need to do is set a calendar and put in your completion dates, the first couple times you mess up don't hate your self. Then if you keep missing deadlines do push-ups or jumping jacks (make sure its hard) but train your self to hit deadlines.

    Don't worry Cranbersher i can wait and 44 thousand can wait as well (i hope :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have big ideas, but not the resources to make them real. (Time is also a resource.) That's frustrating. :\ Remember though, "bigger" is not always "better." :) Do what you can do, the best you can do it. You learn from each experience/project, & that influences the next one. Don't get ahead of yourself. Those big ideas you have... you'll get there. You'll make them happen. And they'll be amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to make bigger projects to please us. The people that subscribe to you like what you already do and are happy with the amount you put out. Please don't stress yourself out because of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely understand man. I have been there myself. I have made two 2D animations by hand and both were big headaches to finish. Your material is amazing for what you have! I don't know about everyone else, but as for me I am happy with a new project whenever it comes out! We as the viewers need to remember that YOU HAVE A LIFE! THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN THAT YOU CAN'T CONTROL! These projects should be fun for you, not burdens. I don't know what you believe in or not, but I will be praying for you. That God give you the balance you need, and the peace and energy to do these project well. God is good and has never failed me once. I trust that he will be the same for you. Cool your jets, take a breather, and take the time needed to do these projects right. We would rather have a healthy, and happy Oliver than a new and bigger animatiom

    God Bless
    aTrollthatFranks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody has to take steps back. But don't punish yourself for this setback. You are the BEST, and you will succeed!

    ReplyDelete